Thursday, December 28, 2006

Christmas? Gone Already?

Ok guys I'm really sorry I haven't filled you in in a while. Thursday we got out of school for Christmas break and our family had our Christmas then. We went out to eat at Logan's (my favorite restaurant) while "Santa delivered the presents". I could barely keep still when we got home. I looked under the tree for my name from "Santa" and saw Jack, Noah, and Mikayla's names on big boxes. Mine was on a little mini bag. At first I was dissapointed but when I opened it I found out it was a $100 gift card to abercrombie!!! I was really excited and surprised when I got it because I know my mom hates that store but hey, it's Christmas. There was also a little hand-made coupon inside from Mom that said, "Plus 1 shopping trip with no eye-rolling or complaining from Mom!" Even better! I guess great things DO come in small packages! I also got a fuzzy jacket from Old Navy (sooo warm!) and a bunch of movies: Pirates of the Caribbean 2: Dead Man's Chest, Pride and Prejudice, and Phantom of the Opera. The whole family received Invincible, and for the boys, AirBuddies I think. Lol. Also Abe got an Iowa Hawkeye collar! WHOO! GO HAWKS! Haha. They have a bowl game against Texas on Saturday...we're gunna get slaughtered, but hey, we can still hope, can't we?
So Thursday was really exciting. On Friday we had to get up bright and early to go to Iowa. Abe couldn't come though so we dropped him off at a kennel. Poor Abe. Did I mention it's a 9 hour drive to our Aunt and Uncle's in Cedar Rapids, Iowa? NOT very exciting. We watched 4 movies on the way there. Haha. Then from Cedar Rapids we took a 3 hour drive to Ankeny on Christmas Eve, and then on Christmas day a 3 hour drive to Sioux City, and then late on Christmas Day a 3 hour drive to Bancroft, Iowa, where my Grandparents on my mom's side live. Then, on Wednesday, bright and early AGAIN, a 12 hour drive back to Michigan! Let's do the math:
9 hours
+3 hours
3 hours
3 hours
12 hours
_________
30 hours of driving!!!!!

Wow. We also watched 10 movies. If we traveled 30 hours all together, what's the average amount of movies we watched on each drive? Lol JUST KIDDING, we're not it school now, are we? Even though there is less than a week left! Not fair! Ok folks that's all for now! Have a great 6 days left of break! <3

No comments: