Friday, December 29, 2006

Sisters & Music

Yesterday was a day full of sisterhood! It was really weird because my sister and I usually don't get along that well. Most of the time we spent goofing around to her new iPod speaker, dancing like lunatics and all that. It was fun. We were definitely slap happy, giggling at every single thing. Ha. Ha ha. Then we had the idea of putting the blow-up mattress in Mikayla's room for me that night, kinda like a sleepover, even though we both live here! We watched Material Girls, a total chick flick about two rich girls losing all their money and learning that no matter what, they'll always have each other. It seemed really cliche that we were watching that the same time we had a "sister's day", I guess. Today she has a friend over for a sleepover, so the spell is broken. It was fun while it lasted though :)

A friend showed me this really cool song by Nelly Furtado today while talking on AIM. It's called, "Afraid". It really has meaning. Read the lyrics here:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nellyfurtado/afraid.html


This song is pretty true. So many people are afraid to be theirselves, and there is so much of that in Middle School. I wish people just didn't care. I wish I didn't care what people thought. I think mostly everybody is afraid.

No comments: